Global Responsibility Competency Compass
In early 2023, Engineers Without Borders UK will launch a new Global Responsibility Competency Compass. To receive updates about this important piece of work, register for our newsletter.
Since November 2021, we have been working with educators, practitioners and senior leaders to create a framework that will provide a detailed understanding of the competencies required to act sustainably, equitably and ethically.
Why is this important?
Continuous learning is key to building the best possible world for current and future generations in the face of ecological emergencies and social injustice. With recent reports indicating a major skills gap in engineering when it comes to addressing these global challenges, it is crucial that we demonstrate our personal and professional commitment to people and planet by critically reflecting on where these gaps are and taking practical steps to close them.
93% of industry without skills to meet 2050 climate targets, according to research by the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
This framework offers a clear guide for individuals and teams to understand and develop the crucial skills, knowledge and mindsets required to put a globally responsible approach into practice.
Who is this for?
This framework is for:
- Those in education, in particular students at universities.
- Those in the current workforce to continue their professional development.
- Educators or professionals who are early adopters and already trying to advocate for a wider change within their institution.
- Heads of departments and senior leadership at universities or companies.
- Professional engineering institutions’ CEOs, the Royal Academy of Engineering and Engineering Council to align with supporting improvements to existing accreditation and qualification requirements for professionals.
To receive updates about this important piece of work, register for our newsletter.
With your support, by 2030 Engineers Without Borders UK will upskill over 250,000 people in alignment within this framework.
If you’d like to help us launch this important piece of work, please register your interest below.