Vacancy: Programme Manager
We are looking for an individual to develop and deliver our programmes that reach over 10,000 students a year.
Responsible for: Managing the development and delivery of our engineering education programmes.
Direct reports: Programme Activities Coordinator
Location: Remote (UK), hybrid or office-based (London). Minimum expectation of one day per month in the office.
Type of post: Permanent, full time
Salary: £35,000-38,000 per annum, depending on experience
Leave: 24 days per annum, plus public holidays and 27-31 Dec
Pension: Up to 5% matched employer contribution to workplace pension scheme
Application deadline: The deadline for applications is 5pm (BST) Sunday 5 June 2022. We will assess applications as we receive them and may interview candidates before the closing date. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Start date: As soon as possible
Please read our full role description and person specification for further details of the role and expected deliverables for the period.
About the role
We run design challenges to transform engineering education. Through these, we are building a new generation of creative, innovative and globally responsible engineers who will spread their expertise across the globe and find solutions to the biggest challenges of our time.
Working closely with Engineers Without Borders UK colleagues and our programme partners, you will drive forward the success of our design challenges in the UK and internationally, inspiring and upskilling undergraduates around the world to become globally responsible engineers. You will significantly contribute to our goal to upskill 250,000 individuals by 2030.
While experience in education or engineering programmes might help you hit the ground running, it’s more important that you have excellent project and people management skills and a good understanding and interest in working with a variety of organisations and across cultures to achieve shared objectives.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Building and managing relationships with our programme partners.
- Coordinating and collaborating with our team to best deliver our programmes.
- Recruiting and building successful relationships with educators.
- Developing, managing and delivering learning materials.
- Integrating the programmes within the movement.
- Monitoring and evaluation to assess and grow the impact of the programmes.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Engineers Without Borders UK is guided by a set of principles that we believe will help ensure that all viewpoints and knowledge are heard, included and respected. We especially encourage applications from people of colour, LGBTQ+ people (we are a trans-inclusive organisation), people with disabilities, and people who have experienced other exclusion or marginalisation.
To apply please send a CV (two pages maximum) and a covering letter (up to two pages) to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. Please outline clearly in your covering letter:
- Your reasons for wanting to join the team at Engineers Without Borders UK
- How you meet the role description and person specification
- Where you saw the role advertised
The deadline for applications is 5pm (BST) Sunday 5 June 2022. We will assess applications as we receive them and may interview candidates before the closing date. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
The interview process will consist of an initial call with our Chief Operations Officer to discuss the role and learn more about your experience and interest in working for Engineers Without Borders UK. Following this, we will invite shortlisted candidates to a formal interview and there will be opportunity to meet members of our team.
If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please contact [email protected].
- Engineers Without Borders UK has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the right to live and work in the UK. An offer of employment will be subject to the organisation verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK.
- Engineers Without Borders UK is committed to selecting candidates for employment based on aptitude and ability, irrespective of gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, nationality, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status or social class.
We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.