Vacancy: Interim Chief Executive (maternity cover)
Do you have a proven track record in delivering organisational improvement? If so, we’re looking for you.
We’re looking for an experienced, driven and proactive professional with senior level charity experience to lead our team during these challenging times whilst our current chief executive goes on maternity leave. You will have the exciting challenge of leading successful implementation of our new organisational strategy being launched in 2021; building on our existing strengths and capabilities to identify and implement improvements across our operations to enable us to deliver on our new ambitions and ensure continuous improvement.
If this is you, find out how to apply below.
Application deadline: This job is now closed.
Interview date: 30 November, 1, 2 or 3 December, online/virtually
Start date: As soon as possible, ideally by mid December/early January for handover period
Responsible for: Leading the organisation on a day to day basis and driving improvements to deliver exceptional results.
Location: London, UK
Type of post: Part time (0.6-0.8FTE), fixed term (maternity cover)
Salary: £60-70k per annum (pro rata’d)
Person specification: This role is ideal for someone with strong leadership skills, charity experience at a senior level and expertise in organisational design and improvement, with a proven track record in delivering transformational change.
Please read our full role description and person specification for further details of the role and expected deliverables for the period.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV (two pages maximum) and a cover letter (up to two pages) to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. Please outline clearly in your covering letter:
- Your reasons for wanting to lead our team at Engineers Without Borders UK
- How you meet the role description and person specification, in particular, your experience of managing organisational improvement and the results you have achieved
- A brief description of the methodology you would use to analyse our current organisational performance and identify improvements to our operating model
- Your availability to be interviewed on the following likely interview dates 30 November, 1, 2 or 3 December. Please confirm as many dates as possible. Interviews will be conducted online/virtually
- Your eligibility to work in the UK
- Where you saw the role advertised
The deadline for applications is midnight (GMT) Sunday 15 November 2020 and we expect to interview shortlisted candidates during the week of 30 November.
The interview for shortlisted candidates will be held online and will consist of some task-based assessments related to the role as well as an interview. Depending on the number of candidates this will likely mean you will be asked to attend two online sessions (one for tasks, one for interview). We aim for the two sessions to be held within one to two days of one another.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note the following:
- We receive high volumes of applications for all roles so, to keep administrative costs to a minimum, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- Engineers Without Borders UK has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the right to live and work in the UK. An offer of employment will be subject to the organisation verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK.
- Failure to disclose any relevant information or the provision of false information will nullify any subsequent contract of employment.
- Engineers Without Borders UK is committed to selecting candidates for employment based on aptitude and ability, irrespective of gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, nationality, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status or social class.