this summer, Join us on our internship programme to develop your skills and be a part of achieving Engineers Without Borders UK’s mission.
Now is an exciting time to be part of Engineers Without Borders UK. We are focusing on the delivery of our strategy ‘Engineering Change: Our Strategy 2016-21’ and progressing our mission – to lead a movement focused on globally responsible engineering. As part of investing in enabling our movement of people we’re kicking off a new internship programme this summer. We’re offering roles to passionate and committed supporters, providing the opportunity to come and work with our staff team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for two individuals to gain experience working in a charity, develop project management, communication and professional skills, and to be a part of achieving Engineers Without Borders UK’s mission.
Successful candidates are expected to start late-June to mid-July and will be a part of our team for up to 10 weeks.
Resource Development Intern
The Resource Development Intern will have responsibility for developing learning resources for our University Member Groups under the guidance of our team. This will include:
- Developing new resources that support our existing schools outreach workshops.
- Producing online training for our schools outreach ambassadors.
- Producing a DIY toolkit for our University Member Groups to deliver a design challenge based on the Engineering for People Design Challenge.
Read the Resource Development Intern role specification to find out more.
Community Events Intern
The Community Events Intern will have responsibility for supporting the delivery of three key events due to happen in September 2019:
- Building Community Leaders – a training and networking event for the committees of our University Member Groups.
- Our AGM for membership to engage in the strategic direction of the charity.
- A ‘celebration event’ to showcase Engineers Without Borders UK’s work.
Read the Community Events Intern role specification to find out more.
How to apply
To apply for the one of the intern roles please download and complete the below application form and return to [email protected]. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of their application to arrange next steps.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 15 May 2019.
Please do get in touch with us via [email protected] if you would like to discuss the role and organisation before you submit your application.