Vacancy: Digital Marketing Coordinator
We are looking for an individual to support us in our efforts to grow our membership, inspire the movement and communicate the purpose of Engineers Without Borders UK.
Responsible for: Digital marketing with the purpose to inspire and engage the movement to put global responsibility at the heart of engineering.
Responsible to: Communications and Engagement Manager
Location: London, UK with the flexibility to work remotelyType of post: Permanent, full time
Salary: £26-29k per annum (depending on experience)
Leave: 24 days per annum, plus public holidays and 27-31 Dec
Pension: Up to 5% matched employer contribution to workplace pension scheme
Application deadline: 5 pm (BST) Sunday 6 February 2022
Interview date: w/c 14 February
Start date: As soon as possible
Please read our full role description and person specification for further details of the role and expected deliverables for the period.
About the role
This exciting role will be working across the spectrum of digital marketing from social media, email marketing to design and analysis. Below we have broken down the role into the relevant areas of work the Digital Marketing Coordinator will cover:
- You will be managing our social media from curating original content, scheduling posts and responding to public-facing enquiries.
- You will ensure all social media platforms are in line with brand guidelines, tone and digital strategy.
- Alongside the Communications and Engagement Manager, you will build on a strategy to grow the reach and engagement across all marketing (e.g. social media engagement, website visits & bounce rates, email delivery, open & click-through rates, membership sign-ups and attrition) to measure effectiveness and adapt marketing activity depending on the outcome.
- You will take ownership, coordinate and optimise our communications/social media content calendar.
- You will work alongside the Communications and Engagement Manager to manage the website on a day to day basis.
- You will create compelling copy to engage the movement in our mission and vision.
- You will be reviewing Google Analytics to support the development of the website engagement journey and provide insight and advice to lead on areas for improvement.
Brand and Communications
- You will work closely with other team members to understand how to effectively implement digital marketing to communicate and engage various stakeholders.
- You will lead on the management of MailChimp, from writing engaging copy to working with the Movement Facilitators to ensure personal data is being managed in the most effective and streamlined way.
- You will act as Engineers Without Borders UK’s brand ambassador, including ensuring consistent implementation of brand guidelines across all marketing and communication outputs.
- As a brand ambassador, you’ll also be involved in updating resources and leading on creating new resources.
- You will lead on evolving and delivering member and non-member newsletters and experiment with A/B testing to increase engagement.
- You will edit videos on an ad-hoc basis to support the wider team, in addition to campaign-specific content creation.
- Work alongside the Communications and Engagement Manager to continue to assess and update the organisational brand guidelines.
- You will be responsible for all original design across social media graphics and in house resources.
- As a brand ambassador, you will flag design issues and look to amend existing content and manage the review process moving forward.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Engineers Without Borders UK is guided by a set of principles that we believe will help ensure that all viewpoints and knowledge are heard, included and respected. We especially encourage applications from people of colour, LGBTQ+ people (we are a trans-inclusive organisation), people with disabilities, and people who have experienced other exclusion or marginalisation.
To apply please send a CV (two pages maximum) and a covering letter (up to two pages) to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. Please outline clearly in your covering letter:
- Your reasons for wanting to join the team at Engineers Without Borders UK
- Crucially, how you meet the role description and person specification
- Your availability to be interviewed in during the w/c Monday 14 February 2022
- Where you saw the role advertised
The deadline for applications is 5 pm (BST) Sunday 6 February 2022 and we expect to interview shortlisted candidates during w/c Monday 14 February 2022. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held remotely.
- We receive high volumes of applications for all roles so, to keep administrative costs to a minimum, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- Engineers Without Borders UK has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the right to live and work in the UK. An offer of employment will be subject to the organisation verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK.
- Engineers Without Borders UK is committed to selecting candidates for employment based on aptitude and ability, irrespective of gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, nationality, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status or social class.
We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.