We are looking for a passionate individual with social media and marketing experience who can use their skills to support our marketing activities and increase our reach in line with our 2021-2030 strategy.
Responsible for: Supporting the delivery of Engineers Without Borders UK’s marketing activities.
Location: Remote (UK based)
Type of post: Nine month internship, 7.5 hours per week (0.2 FTE)
Remuneration: London Living Wage (currently £10.85 per hour)
Leave: 24 days per annum, plus public holidays (pro rata’d). For a one day week over nine months this equates to 5 days leave
Start date: From August 2021
Application deadline: The deadline for this role has now closed
Interview: w/c Monday 19 July, virtual
We urgently need to balance the needs of all people with the needs of our planet. To achieve this, the Engineers Without Borders UK movement is working to put global responsibility at the heart of engineering, to ensure a safe and just future for all.
We are now recruiting for a Marketing Intern to join our team. We are looking for a passionate individual with social media and marketing experience who can use their skills to support our marketing activities and increase our reach in line with our 2021-2030 strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working in a charity, develop your marketing, communications and professional skills, and to be a part of achieving Engineers Without Borders UK’s mission.
About the role
The Marketing Intern will have responsibility for shaping, creating and analysing our organisational digital presence to support the aims of our 2021-2030 strategy. As our Marketing Intern you will:
- Develop content and coordinate all social media channels in a consistent ‘on brand’ voice in line with our high standards.
- Ensure the website is fully optimised for search engines including set up of Google Adwords.
- Monitor, report and analyse results to improve performance, using tools such as Google analytics. You will make recommendations to the Communications and Marketing Coordinator and implement agreed changes.
- Ensure all social media platforms and third party sites are updated in line with the new strategy.
- Carry out ad hoc marketing activities as required, for example with resource creation, editing and reviews to support the wider activity of Engineers Without Borders UK.
- Act as a brand champion across the organisation.
You will be expected to work independently and collaboratively with others in the team to ensure that your outputs fit within the wider charitable operations. As part of a small team you may engage in activities outside of the initial scope of your role – this is a great opportunity to develop broader skills and experience as part of your professional growth.
To ensure you’re the right person for the role and can achieve success for Engineers Without Borders UK, we think that the following skills, expertise and attitudes are essential for this internship:
- Passionate about our purpose
- Experience of producing high quality and creative social media content. This can be evidenced through personal accounts or content created for organisations
- Experience in two or more of the following platforms:
- Experience tailoring content for different audiences and platforms
- Excellent eye for detail and exemplary proofreading skills
- An interest in identifying trends and insights and the ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and put recommendations into action
- Excellent written communications skills, and an innovative and creative approach.
- Positive attitude with excellent self-motivation and ability to work on your own initiative
- Proven ability and desire to work as part of a team
The following are highly desirable:
- Experience of supporting an organisation’s marketing activities
- Experience of Google Adwords
- Experience producing communications and marketing in line with brand guidelines
- Familiarity with InDesign, Canva, scheduling tools (e.g. Lightful) and basic video editing tools (e.g. WeVideo)
- Experience volunteering/working an organisation related to social/environmental justice
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Engineers Without Borders UK is guided by a set of principles that we believe will help ensure that all viewpoints and knowledge are heard, included and respected.
We want to make the recruitment process as inclusive and accessible as we can. We have tried but we know that there might be more that we can do, particularly if you have experienced exclusion, disadvantage or discrimination, or if you have particular accessibility needs. We would be happy to provide any further support that you may require – please get in touch with us via [email protected] and we can think together about how to make this process easier for you.
We especially encourage applications from people of colour, LGBTQ+ people (we are a trans-inclusive organisation), people with disabilities, and people who have experienced other exclusion or marginalisation.
To apply for the role please download and complete the below application form and return it to [email protected] before the deadline.
The deadline for applications is midnight (BST) Wednesday 7 July 2021. We expect to interview shortlisted candidates during the week of 19 July 2021.
We know that applying for a job is a two-way process – you will want to find out about us as an organisation just as much as we want to find out about the skills, knowledge and abilities that you could bring to Engineers Without Borders UK. Please do get in touch with us via [email protected] if you would like to discuss the role and organisation before you submit your application.
Engineers Without Borders UK is committed to selecting candidates for employment based on aptitude and ability, irrespective of gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, nationality, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status or social class.