Photo Competition: Education, Opportunity, Technology & Leadership
In the wealth of the work Engineers Without Borders UK carried out throughout the year there are many stories to tell, and we want to help you tell yours! So, we're pleased to announce our latest photography competition. Win some fantastic prizes and the chance to have your work exhibited nationwide and beyond!
The winner of this year's competition will receive the prize of a photography course worth up to £200. Those who win 'Best in Category' will receive large format prints of their photographs. All winning entrants will have their work publicised by EWB-UK.
This year's themes are as follows:
We hope to see images representing change created by all aspects of our work in the world – in the UK and overseas; with technologies and with people; among professionals and students; in the field and in the classroom.
This year the winners will see their work displayed as part of a touring 'Massive Small Change photographic exhibition' and extensively publicised on-line and in print, in promotion of activities and achievements of EWB-UK, on our own publications, in the public and professional media.
This year’s competition focuses on celebrating the exciting introduction of our new strategy at the National Conference. To find out more you can read Towards a Strategy 2012- 2017.
Engineers Without Borders UK is a "Massive Small Change" organisation. We seek, develop and enable scalable and flexible ideas to tackle global challenges. Hence the leading theme of the competition this year is to showcase the Massive Small Change you brought about in the world!
If you'd like to enter the contest, please read the following competition rules:
- The competition is open for everyone to enter.
- Entrants may submit up to 10 photos per each dimension of change.
- Photos must be submitted with a title and a 50-100 words story behind them.
- Entrants are welcome to submit images to as many dimensions of change as they deem appropriate.
- Each image can be submitted only once (only for one dimension of change).
- Submissions should be sent by e-mail to photo.competition2012 [at] ewb-uk.org.
- Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm on 18th November 2012.
- By entering the competition entrants give EWB-UK a permission to use the submitted photographs in its publicity.
- A final shortlist of 5 photos in each category and one overall winner will be decided by an impartial judging panel.
- Successful entries will be exhibited at the 2012 EWB-UK National Conference (23-25 November at the University of Sheffield).