EWB-UK Research Bursaries are only available to students undertaking research with EWB-UK. Please see Information for Students for details how you can affiliate your project with EWB-UK or become involved with EWB-UK Research.
Please note that Research Bursaries are administered through the Bursaries Programme, not the Research Programme. If you have any queries regarding your application please contact Bursaries directly.
What they fund
Research Bursaries are available to give financial support towards:
- learning opportunities: non EWB-UK training courses, conferences, conferences or seminars within the UK to further a student's understanding of their research field
- reasonable travel costs: for example, to visit an expert in the field or a training course. Please note that EWB-UK would expect all travel costs to be booked in advance, and for Young Persons Railcards or equivalent to be used if possible.
- books and journals: please make sure these are not already available from the EWB-UK Library or your university library services
- prototype materials
- test materials
- field work & implementation costs: research bursaries can contribute towards the cost of overseas travel for fieldwork or implementation costs.
- possible other costs: please enquire if you are unsure whether your request is suitable.
How & when to apply
Funding for EWB-UK Research Projects and EWB-UK Affiliated research projects is administered through the EWB-UK Bursaries Scheme.
Please look at the Bursaries pages for further information on how to apply and the dates for the next application rounds.