Looking for volunteers?
Over the past ten years EWB-UK has provided hundreds skilled volunteers to around 50 partner organisations, and has also provided other forms of assistance.
The EWB-UK Placements Programme engages volunteers to assist organisations who work to reduce poverty and overcome challenges to human development, and who have a track record of doing so. In return partner organisations provide a valuable opportunity for volunteers to gain work experience. Unfortunately we are not able to assist partner organisations with direct funding.
To become a partner organisation in the placements programme, your organisation should:
- Contribute to the delivery of development projects
- Be willing and able to provide people in their early career with experience of working in the development sector, with a local base in the country where the volunteer will be placed
- Need the help of one or more volunteers to work in a technical role
- Have a track record of success in international development
Longer term partnership
In all our partnerships we would like to aim for a relationship over years, not just one year, and many of our placement partner organisations have been collaborating with us for several years. We are now exploring ways to cement our partnerships more formally where there is benefit to our partners and their beneficiaries and EWB-UK and our members and volunteers.
Other activities with international development partners
The EWB-UK International Partnerships Programme can assist partner organisations in other ways:
- Linking you with members in our UK student societies to collaborate with them on technical projects
- Providing advice and training to UK-based student-run volunteer programmes
- Advertising paid job opportunities and volunteer positions to our members
- Referring partner organisations to our research programme