EWB PN Regional Coordinator: Edinburgh/Glasgow
Despite having been an active Professional Network, activity has died down in Scotland in recent months. EWB is now looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to inject some life into the Scottish network and start organising some events and activities in the next few months.
- Recruitment and Coordination of a regional committee;
- Leading the committee to organise events and activities such as talks, training events and outreach;
- Acting as a point of contact in the region and encouraging new members to join;
- Sending monthly regional bulletins;
- Liaising with local University Branches, engineering companies and engineering institutions.
- Estimated time commitment is approximately 3 hours per week.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Ability to lead a small team of volunteers;
- An interest in EWB-UK's work and international development;
- Enthusiasm and ability to motivate others.
- This role provides an excellent insight into how professionals and students can contribute to international development;
- The regional coordinator will development a range of transverable skills including teamwork, development awareness and networking;
- Opportunities to meet a wide range of individuals in academia, industry, government and NGOs.
For more information about the role or to apply please contact Natalie Quinn.