As a fast-growing charity, EWB-UK has often appeared in high-profile media over the years, ranging from the BBC in the UK to Development Asia, a publication of the Asian Development Bank in the Philippines.
With stories as diverse as a placement at a Shelter organisation in Cambridge, UK to links with organisations in countries such as Ecuador, Laos and Nigeria, EWB-UK is proud to have appeared in a wide range of publications, and actively seeks to gain more publicity through communication with all sources of media.
Recently Published Material:
- June 2010- Paisley Daily Express: Student helps design bamboo house to help poor communities around the world
- May 2010- Sheffield Telegraph: Turbine generates wind of change
- April 2010- UKCDS: Engineering groups sign agreement to fight poverty
- April 2010- Professional Engineering: Tackling poverty
- April 2010- Creativeboom.co.uk: Sheffield's brand new Community Day featuring EWB Sheffield's wind turbine
- March 2010- ICE website:Engineering bodies join forces in effort in aid communities
- January 2010- Financial Times: Development: Organisations wake up to the potential of young perspectives
- August 2009: The Star: Morocco charity trip for Sheffield University graduate
- Andrew Lamb's online diary in his year as EWB-UK's first full-time Chief Executive - Taking engineering ideas and creating reality.
- March 2009 - Story in Engineering Designer on Andy Murfin and his project in Laos with the Lao Institute for Renewable Energy through EWB-UK - Promoting human development through engineering.
- March 2009 - Story in New Civil Engineer where Andrew Lamb comments on the new ICE President's Apprentice Scheme to inspire the civil engineering world to make a substantial difference to developing countries - Making a Difference.
- April 2009 - ICE Profile on Josh Macabuag and his placement in South Africa - Volunteering in South Africa through Engineers Without Borders.
- April 2009 - Column in the IET's magazine where Andrew Lamb comments on the possibilities of a global crisis by 2030 - If You Ask Me - Don't just sit there
- April 2009 - An article in the Metro newspaper where Joe Rowley, writer for EWB-UK, talks about his experiences as a young journalist at the 2009 G20 Summit in London - G20: Reflections
- May 2009 - Story in Engineering Designer on EWB-UK volunteer Stephen Gerrard on his contributuion to HIV prevention research - Prevention is better than cure
- July 2009 - Article in the NCE about Josh Macabuag winning first prize int he ICE Graduates & Students papers competition for his research paper with EWB-UK - Macabuag scoops paper award
To view the archive of all known published material, visit this link.
EWB-UK has a presence on many social media and networking sites, and are just some of the ways you can keep up to date with what's going on with the organisation.
Please send photos to photo [at] ewb-uk.org and we will upload them to our site.
If you have a video that you would like us to favourite, please send the link of your video to communications [at] ewb-uk.org.
For all the latest news and events across EWB-UK, please visit out GroupSpaces EWB-UK Hub.
If you wish to keep up-to-date with news, upcoming talks, training courses, projects and research opportunities, as well as external opportunities that may interest you, sign up to our newsletter here. To view previous issues, visit this link.
Also be sure to see our news archive here and if you see EWB-UK in the news, or wish to find out more information about a story which you may be interested in having on your own publication, contact our publicity team here.